The Department of Historical Studies at UTM recognizes Sara Hamed with the Historical Studies Teaching Assistant Award for her exceptional contributions during the 2019-2020 academic year.
Award criteria includes:
- Use of effective teaching strategies
- Efficiency in organizing the teaching activities
- Contribution to the implementation of the course’s learning outcomes
- Support of students’ engagement in the course activities
- Quality of the feedback provided to the students in assignments and other course activities
Nominations are to provide evidence that the nominee has offered outstanding contributions. Professor Walid Saleh, who nominated Sara, said, "When COVID19 hit, Sara was essential in the smooth transition to online teaching, and Sara was there for students when we had a flood of emails worried about the course. We were in almost daily contact to work the details and especially the exams."
Along with a monetary award, Sara and recipients of other Historical Studies Awards will be celebrated at a reception in Spring 2021, hosted by Chair, Professor Andreas Bendlin.