Congratulations to Fall 2020 Department for the Study of Religion Graduates!
Our graduating class is made up of three PhDs, four MAs, one specialist, three majors and six minors!
- Sara Ahmed Abdel-Latif, “Gendering Asceticism in Medieval Sufism” (Supervisor: Walid Saleh, Committee Members: Jeannie Miller, Ash Geissinger)
- Elizabeth Klaiber-Noble, “Book-Burning and the Banning of Books and Authors in England, 1526–1558: A Sixteenth-Century Fire-Library” (Co-Supervisors: David Galbraith and Pamela Klassen, Committee Member: Nick Terpstra)
- Rony Kozman, “Adam's Wisdom and Israel's Law: Natural Law in Early Judaism” (Supervisor: Judith Newman, Committee Members: David Novak, John Kloppenborg)
- Molly Mignault, “Not in Our Lifetime - A Case Study of Sacred Nature in South Asia: The Bagmati River and Mt. Khangchendzonga” (Co-Supervisors: Frances Garrett and Stephen Scharper)
- Mark Mueller, “Religious Motivations for the Diocletianic Persecution” (Supervisor: John Kloppenborg)
- Yitong Tong, “The Doctrine of Consciousness Process (Citta-vīthi) in the Pāli Commentarial Literature” (Supervisor: Christoph Emmrich)
- Joel West, “The Fractured Jew: A Study in the Constructions of Jewishness in Popular Culture” (Supervisor: Ken Green)